the bottom of the maxillary sinus by the tips of the roots of teeth 1.3 and 2.3 in men was ten times
greater than in women, the 1.4 tooth was about 4 times more common in men, the 2.4 tooth was about
2 times more common in men.
Thus, it was found that the frequency of perforation of the bottom of the maxillary sinus by the tips
of the canine roots and the first premolars in men was greater than that in women.
The data obtained during the study make it possible to improve the stages of planning the implantation
operation, as well as augmentation, by studying the structural features of anatomical structures in
mature individuals and their gender characteristics.
As a result of the study, it was found that men have a larger anteroposterior size
and height of the maxillary sinuses, the frequency of perforation of the bottom of the maxillary sinuses
by the tips of the canine roots and the first premolars, the height of the lower jaw, due to the alveolar
part in the area of the studied teeth (premolars and molars), as well as the size of the base of the
retromolar fossa. These indicators are significant when planning simultaneous implantation surgery,
augmentation of the alveolar process, as well as sinus-lifting operations.
1. Gaivoronsky, I.V. Comparative characteristics of craniometric and computed tomographic
studies of the structure of the mandible in the applied aspect of dental implantation /
I.V.Gaivoronsky, M.G.gAivoronskaya, O.V.Komarnitsky, A.A.Ponomarev // Morphology. -
2012. - Vol. 141, No. 1. - pp. 71-74.
2. Ivanova O.P. Frequency of occurrence of volumetric formations of maxillary sinuses on
tomograms of jaws / Ivanova O.P., Vologina M.V., Onishchenko L.F., Ogonyan E.A., Aptreev
A.A. // Modern problems of science and education. -2017.-No. 6. -p. 108.
3. Lalaev E.E. The effect of surgical treatment of diseases of the maxillary sinuses on the
occurrence of pathologies of the visual apparatus. / Lalaev E.E., Podkopaeva D.S.,
Tsyndyaikina A.S. // Bulletin of the Council of Young Scientists and Specialists of the
Chelyabinsk region. -2018. T 2. -№ 3 (22). -S. 78-80.
4. Nazarian, D. N. Vertical 3D augmentation of the upper and lower jaws to prepare for dental
implants / D. N. Nazarian, A. S. Karayan, A. N. Senyuk, G. K. Zakharov // Annals of plastic,
reconstructive and aesthetic surgery. - 2012. - No. 3. - pp. 10-19.
5. Nikitenko V.V. Age-related changes of the maxillary sinus and its walls in people of older age
groups / Nikitenko V.V., Iordanishvili A.K. // Institute of Dentistry. -2013. -№ 1 (58). - Pp. 80-
6. Paraskevich, V.L. Dental implantology: Fundamentals of theory and practice. / V.L.
Paraskevich. 2nd ed. - Moscow: LLC "Medical Information Agency", 2006. - pp. 229-238
7. Rogatskin, D.V. Justification of the use of cone-beam computed tomography in dentistry / D.V.
Rogatskin // Medical alphabet. - 2010. - Vol. 3, No. 11. - pp. 14-16.
8. Romankov I.A., Gavrilov V.A., Kosenko Yu.V., Amirkhanyan A.Yu. The significance of the
features of the ratio of the bottom of the maxillary sinus with the roots of teeth as prerequisites
for the formation of odontogenic sinusitis (literature review) // Ukrainian Morphological
Almanac named after Professor V.G. Koveshnikov. -2017. Vol. 15. -No. 4. -pp. 82-91.